mahout-user mailing list archives

From Davide Pozza <davide.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Correct way for merging different data sources
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 08:19:53 GMT
Dear all
this is probably a newbie question...

>From a tipical ecommerce scenario I can obtain the following kind of data
which can be used for recommending products:

1) Users bought items - without ratings (csv format: USER_ID,ITEM_ID)
2) User viewed items (csv format: USER_ID,ITEM_ID, RATING) where RATING
could represent the number of views
3) User likes (csv format: USER_ID,ITEM_ID, RATING) where RATING is a
number form 1 to 5
4) User wishlist - without ratings (csv format: USER_ID,ITEM_ID)

My question is: which is the right way to build my recommendations by using
all these available infos in order to show a generic section "Other items
you could be interested on"?

I suppose I should create different recommenders for each kind of data and
then merge their results (the resulting score for a single recommended item
will be the sum of the score assigned by each single recommender). Is this
the right way?

Thanks!

--
Davide Pozza