mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running mahout taste examples?
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:29:18 GMT
This isn't really enough information... it sounds like you aren't
actually including the right classes in the classpath of whatever you
are running. -Djava.library.path has nothing do with it; that's for
program and set its classpath. This is nothing to do with Mahout per
se.

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Tintarev, N <csc284@abdn.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having a go with Mahout taste examples, but getting stuck with trivial things.
> I hope you don't mind giving me a pointer or two?
>
> I'm running 64bit OSx and setting it all up in Eclipse.
> I've set up M2e and checked out the code from SCM using maven.
> No problems, project looks fine – a whole bunch of files and directories, including
the RecommenderEvalutatorRunners for each dataset.
> Downloaded the Jester1 data set and converted it to .csv
>
> Running the evaluator directly somehow  doesn't work – it's like it doesn't have a
main class (NoClassDefFoundError).