mahout-user mailing list archives

From Nick Kolegraff <nickkolegr...@gmail.com>
Subject Running a single test
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:09:13 GMT
Does this work for anyone?
mvn -Dtest=YourTest install

Doing a bit of practice and trying to understand mahout a bit better
internally so I wanted to try and implement something basic to get a feel,
yet, I'm running into some issues.
/* Disclaimer I'm new to java/maven */
/* 'mvn install' will find and run the test fine but that got annoying
pretty quick */

I have the following files:
$MAHOUT_HOME/core/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/cf/taste/impl/common/HarmonicRunningAverage.java
$MAHOUT_HOME/core/src/test/java/org/apache/mahout/cf/taste/impl/common/HarmonicRunningAverageTest.java
$MAHOUT_HOME/core/target/test-classes/org/apache/mahout/cf/taste/impl/common/HarmonicRunningAverageTest.class
$MAHOUT_HOME/core/target/classes/org/apache/mahout/cf/taste/impl/common/HarmonicRunningAverage.class

However, this:
   mvn -Dtest=HarmonicRunningAverageTest install
doesn't seem to work for ANY single test I run and I get this error:

    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.11:test (default-test) on
project mahout-buildtools: No tests were executed!  (Set
-DfailIfNoTests=false to ignore this error.) -> [Help 1]

Looks like a surefire issue, so I found this:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-827
and changed my version of surefire to 2.12.{1,2} (which should contain the
fix per the jira ticket) yet the same problem persists.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.12.1:test (default-test)
on project mahout-buildtools: No tests were executed!  (Set
-DfailIfNoTests=false to ignore this error.) -> [Help 1]

Is this consistent with everyone else or am I missing something trivial?
How is everyone else running single tests?