mahout-user mailing list archives

From Matt Mitchell <goodie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generating similarity file(s) for item recommender?
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 12:15:23 GMT
Thanks Mridul, I'll try this out. Does getItemIDs return every item id
from the file in your example?

This kind of leads me to another, related question... I want to have
my recommender engine recommend items to a user, but the items should
be from a known set of item ids. For example, if a user is doing a
search for "gaming system", I only want recommendations for "gaming
system" items. I was thinking I could feed the recommendation engine a
set of item IDs that are known to be "gaming systems" as a candidate
set *when executing that actual recommendation*. Does this make sense?
If so, do you know how I can do this? I basically want to constrain
the recommendations to a set of known item IDs at recommendation time.

Thanks again!

- Matt