mahout-user mailing list archives

From mohsen jadidi <mohsen.jad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mahout on GPU
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:51:34 GMT
to add some note:

This paper demonstrated that a version of Hadoop MapReduce when “ported” to
a small 4-node GPU cluster could outperform a regular Hadoop 62 node CPU
cluster and achieved a 508x speed-up per cluster node when performing Black
Scholes option pricing. It should be noted that Black Scholes algorithm is
an analytical algorithm.  The GPU cluster configuration comprised 5 nodes
each comprising a quad-core CPU with two 9800 GX2 GPUs, each with 128 core
processors, connected to a Gigabit Ethernet router and one control node
also connected to the Gigabit Ethernet router.

--
Mohsen Jadidi