mahout-user mailing list archives

From Alex Ott <alex...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing Mahout through Eclipse IDE
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2012 16:26:54 GMT
If you want to experiment with examples from book, then it's better to
download examples from https://github.com/tdunning/MiA and import
Maven project into Eclipse - it will handle all dependencies, etc.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 9:45 PM, David Rose <rosex377@d.umn.edu> wrote:
> I bought the online book "Mahout in Action" and have been reading through it, trying
to follow along with the steps when possible.  I am new to this whole process, including writing
code in general.  I have now download the latest Mahout, the latest Maven, and the Eclipse
IDE.  I am trying to install Mahout using the Eclipse IDE but I have no idea how to do so,
and all the write ups I am finding when I google my question have not helped.  I know this
is probably a basic question for me to be asking but as I said, I have no idea how to do this
kind of stuff.

--
With best wishes,                    Alex Ott
http://alexott.net/