mahout-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: From example to job
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2012 04:46:43 GMT
A Mahout vector is not one format- it is a family of data structures
optimized for various tasks.
A Mahout vector file is a Hadoop sequencefile of 0 or more entries of
Writable duples (Writable, VectorWritable).

Several programs require the first writable to be an int row number.
There may be single-process programs which require the row numbers in
sequence. There should not be any Hadoop-friendly programs which
require this.

The "rowid" you will notice referred to a lot is a pair of programs
that replace the Writable with a unique integer, and save the Writable
out to a dictionary of int->writable sequencefile.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com