mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding users to dataModel which aren't using any items
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 19:01:04 GMT
I see. If you're not using collaborative filtering then you're not
using Recommender / DataModel. So I don't think your solution includes
adding these users / items to the model. Yes, you can start by
recommending a simple global top-N most popular items, or, do
something reasonable based on whatever you know about the user.