mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mahout on GPU
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 17:13:11 GMT
Hadoop and CUDA are quite at odds -- Hadoop is all about splitting up
a problem across quite remote machines while CUDA/GPU approaches rely
on putting all computation together not only on one machine but within
one graphics card.

It doesn't make sense to combine them. Either you want to distribute a
lot or you don't.

As has been said above, it is all quite possible to implement if you want to.
Nothing like this exists in Mahout. There is not even native code in
this project.