mahout-user mailing list archives

From kiran kumar <kirankumarsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Find closest documents in cluster
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 01:43:44 GMT
Hello,
I am using mahout clustering to cluster our data. I got around 100
clusters. All is good till now.
I have a requirement if user is seeing a document in a cluster, i want to
find the next closest documents to the user interested document and show it
to the user from the same cluster.
I have distances from the center for each document. if A document has
distance d1, does it mean documents with d2 d3 with values ascending are
similar or closer to the document. (OR) to get the closest documents to
document A do we need to calculate distance from A to all other documents
in the cluster.

Can you please give some thoughts on how to solve this problem.

Thanks & Regards,
Kiran Kumar Bushireddy.