mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Cleophus Pereira" <cleophus.pere...@mphasis.com>
Subject Need help on Mahout Recommendation - using Preferences
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 09:31:31 GMT
Hi All,

This is my first interaction with this group.  I am working on Apache Mahout Recommendation.
 I am using IDRescorer, LogLikelihoodSimilarity, SlopeOneRecommender algorithm for getting
recommendation. As per my understanding recommendation works based on user input like.

userid (String),itemid(String) and preference (double).  I have following queries :-

1.  Let say user has below preferences on screen

   Category :

   Shopping - Sub Preference - Books, Video, Electronics, Apparels.

   User Select : Books and Video

   Education -  Sub Preference - Comedy and Science, History

   User Select : Comedy and Science

    Is it possible to show only get Recommendation of for above Categories and Sub Preferences
only.  It should not show me other categories

    Presently recommendation show different type of items and not restricted to those selected
categories.

2.  Right now the data of recommendation is capped to 50 items.  But results come less tha
50 items. How can we increase the items of recommendation?

Any suggesstion/idea would really help?

Thanks,

Cleophus P.

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS, its associated companies
and/ or its customers and is intended
for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears
that this mail has been forwarded
to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information
in any manner is strictly
prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at mailmaster@mphasis.com and delete
this mail from your records.