mahout-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LSI using Mahout ssvd - folding a new doc into the space
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 22:42:50 GMT
PS of course folding in a considerable amount of new data is not
recommended since when you fold-in, you are not learning any new
semantic space. you are only able to project new documents into
previously learned sematic space and keep measuring similarities to
them in that space.

(which sometimes is good if you want learning to happen in a quite
strict semantic space and consider all new data just from the point of
view of that space).