mahout-user mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mahout + BigDataR Linux
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 08:27:31 GMT
On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 7:40 AM, Nicholas Kolegraff
<nickkolegraff@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm on board with this.
> This has been a common suggestion from more advanced users (and makes
> sense). I am exploring how to incorporate packages into the build process, I don't
> want to commit to anything, yet, but plan to take a much deeper dive mid
> July.

Some information that might help you:

The Debian new maintainers guide:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/index.en.html

The Debian wiki on how to package Java projects including information
on how to package maven-built software:
http://wiki.debian.org/Java/Packaging

There also is a mailing list for more discussion on problems and
questions related to packaging java projects into Debian:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-java/

One word of warning: You might run into one issue or another as Java
projects usually aren't build in a way that's particularly amenable to
turn them into distribution packages right away. However it should
help that Mahout is maven built and relies on standard libraries only.

Cheers,
Isabel