mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with running taste-demo on mahout-examples-0.7-SNAPSHOT.jar
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 18:03:54 GMT
On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Dhananjay Sampath
<dhananjay.sampath@gmail.com> wrote:
> My eventual plan is to use the mongo-mahout lib to push data in and out of
> mongo. A rails app will eventually read from it and/or update it. So while
> the packaging is not entirely a deal-breaker, a purely subjective opinion
> of mine is that the fully packaged taste-demo (in 0.5) was ver useful in
> giving first-time users a jump start into recommendation engines by giving
> them visibility into the entire data-path, from input data all the way to
> an expressive web application; enough to excite any student of
> learning/webapp-hackers to give it a whirrl. I'd like to request that it be
> brought back if at all it is under consideration and even help with it
> (with my limited experience).

I agree. It got a little hard to maintain given the packaging system
in the project.

I am all about easily running something to get started and this is
what I'm striving to provide out of the box in my own project based on
Mahout. It shouldn't be hard.