mahout-user mailing list archives

From 2008226726 - hanis uitm <ha...@isiswa.uitm.edu.my>
Subject Help on how to use Mahout; call Mahout from Netbeans UI
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 10:04:11 GMT
Hi, I a student currently pursuing study in the Computer Science field.
I am currently working on my Final year project about k means clustering.
I am relatively new to this area and would like some help. I am assigned to
do an application on document clustering using kmeans, but the problem is I
can't find the right step to do the clustering.
What I know is that the document has to be clean from all the unwanted
terms (so have to perform stop words removal, and stemming).
The next step is to convert to vector format right? If yes, how may I ask?
And another thing, can I use Mahout to apply kmeans on these documents? I
am developing my application using NetBeans IDE 6.9.1 (UI)
May I know how to run Mahout and call the function using kmeans?

I have read the manual on the website "Quickstart", but I don't
understand..=(
Hope you can help me out.
Tank you.