mahout-user mailing list archives

From EDUARDO ANTONIO BUITRAGO ZAPATA <eduardobuitr...@gmail.com>
Subject Recommender with item features
Date Sat, 12 May 2012 01:15:25 GMT
Hi All,

As far I've seen, all mahout recommenders uses this setting for input file:

                User1, item1, rating1
                User1, item2, rating2
                User2, item1, rating3

What I need to do is a recommender for new digital cameras. I want to know
which user is more interested in a camera when it arrives, then I can make
recommendation. To do that,  I want to take into account the camera
features (optical zoom, LCD size, etc).  ¿Is there a way to implement this
in mahout? Maybe the input file is something like this:

                User1, item1, feat1, feat2, … , featn, rating1
                User1, item2, feat1, feat2, … , featN, rating2
                User1, itemN, feat1, feat2, … , featN, rating3
                User1, newItem, feat1, feat2, … , featn, ?

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Eduardo** <ea.buitrago73@uniandes.edu.co>