mahout-user mailing list archives

From EDUARDO ANTONIO BUITRAGO ZAPATA <eduardobuitr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recommender with item features
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 07:03:45 GMT
Some features are numeric (like LCD size screen, resolution, optical zoom)
and others are categorical (like     camera type, image sensor type). I’m
working from data that I’ve scrapped from epinions.com (academic purposes)
but I haven’t normalized yet. Now for the ItemSimilarity implementation,
maybe I would use rochio algorithm but I’m not sure because I need to
understand it better or understand others algorithms.

Is good to know that  mahout can be useful for this problem, thanks for
your reply.

--
EDUARDO BUITRAGO
Est. Msc. en Ingeniería - Sistemas y Computación - Universidad de los Andes