mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan" <Ananda.Muru...@honeywell.com>
Subject RE: How to run a mahout clustering job through a web service
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 03:22:10 GMT
Hi,

My problem statement is more or less similar. I hope your case is a
scheduled job.  Though I am interested in that, I want to be able to
execute clustering on demand too.  I saw some example where a
recommender servlet was used to trigger a recommender job. I could not
get more information on that. I don't know whether Hadoop parallel
computing capabilities can be harnessed. If you details on your
implementation, please share them. Thanks !!!

Regards,
Anand.C

-----Original Message-----
From: Saikat Kanjilal [mailto:sxk1969@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 8:30 PM
To: user@mahout.apache.org
Subject: RE: How to run a mahout clustering job through a web service

Hi Anad,We're doing something similar, kmeans should in general run
asynchronously and dump data into a low latency database (something
similar to cassandra) that your web application can then query and
return results, so in a nutshell  you will have a real time component
that serves up the results of clustering and an offfline component that
computes your kmeans clusters.  Let me know if you want deeper details.
Regards