mahout-user mailing list archives

From jcuencaa <jordi.cuenca.aub...@everis.com>
Subject Server sizing Hadoop + Mahout
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 09:32:47 GMT
Hello!
I need to do a capacity planning or a server sizing for a Mahout + Hadoop
server, it means, plan how many servers and hardware (CPU, memory, etc.) do
I need to accomplish with the maximum amount of work that my organization
requires in a given period.
I haven’t found documentation regarding to this in the Mahout or Hadoop site
or, at least, which things should be taken into account for doing the server
sizing. It’s obvious that sizing depends on many factors but, in example, in
Application servers or Web Servers normally sizing is done inferring
hardware needs using some benchmarks as a baseline.
So I’d be pleased if someone can help me.
Thanks in advance.