mahout-user mailing list archives

From DAN HELM <danielh...@verizon.net>
Subject NoClassDefFoundError calling custom analyzer in seq2sparse
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 18:36:57 GMT
Hello,

I'm sure variations of this question have been posted before but I'm having trouble using
my own custom analyzer with seq2sparse.  I'm using the -a parameter to pass my class name.

To build the class I basically cloned the concept in Mahout's org.apache.mahout.vectorizer.DefaultAnalyzer
and added my own extra code including more extensive stop wording.  The class built fine
and I packaged it into a jar file.  I then added my jar file to the CLASSPATH before invoking
seq2sparse and even copied the jar to hadoop/lib and mahout/lib but continue to get the NoClassDefFoundError.

Any help would be appreciated including what the standard approach is to refer to one's custom
class for seq2sparse. I using Mahout 0.6.

Thanks, Dan