mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: recommend ads using mahout?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 14:18:26 GMT
The current state of the art in ad recognition is contextual bandits backed up by logistic
or probit regression. The mahout logistic regression is a decent first step on this but probably
doesn't provide the necessary accuracy.

I have some early work on the bandit algorithms on github but this is still early work.

I think that using a recommender with ad features only would give you a very weak ad targeting
algorithm because of the high level of ad churn and generally poor quality of ad meta data.

Sent from my iPhone