mahout-user mailing list archives

From Dan Brickley <dan...@danbri.org>
Subject Re: Commercializing Mahout: the Myrrix recommender platform
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 08:28:09 GMT
On 5 April 2012 00:18, Jake Mannix <jake.mannix@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 to everything Ted said.
>
>  As an added point, while we're on the subject of corporate involvement,
> forks, and extensions of Mahout, now is as good a time as any to announce
> that I (and my teammate Andy Schlaikjer) are maintaining a official
> "Twitter fork" of Mahout (hosted and worked on entirely in the open on
> GitHub: http://github.com/twitter/mahout ), which we'll be making patches
> off of to submit back to Apache trunk on a periodic basis.
[...]

Jake, care to add some appropriate brief mention to
https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/powered-by-mahout.html ? Knowing that
Twitter make serious use of Mahout adds a lot of credibility to the
project, and I'm sure would be enough additional information to tip
various others over into more seriously considering adoption. I
thought about linking your previous email mention of it, ... but you'd
know better what to say and/or link to.

cheers,

Dan