mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: shortest-path maintenance
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 18:20:39 GMT
That's fair. I do think Pregel is more complex too, but for many
problems probably lets you express the solution more succinctly.
Hadoop jobs are hard to write and understand and debug. Most of the
reason I'm still into Hadoop is just practical: it's that much more
mature.

Among the many ideas floating around like this, here's a relatively
interesting one from MS Research, Ciel:
http://research.microsoft.com/apps/pubs/default.aspx?id=155149