mahout-user mailing list archives

From Devadas Mallya <mallya.deva...@gmail.com>
Subject SLF4J Exception while running RecommenderJob
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 02:29:46 GMT
Hi,
    I am trying to run the RecommenderJob Map/Reduce class.

However I get an error saying SLF4J is incompatible with this binding.

The command I am using is:

bin/hadoop jar mahout-core-0.7-SNAPSHOT-job
org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob
-Dmapred.input.dir=/user/input/ratingsLess.txt
-Dmapred.output.dir=/user/input/output --usersFile input/users.txt
--numRecommendations 5 -s SIMILARITY_TANIMOTOCOEFFICIENT

The error is:

SLF4J: slf4j-api 1.6.x (or later) is incompatible with this binding.
SLF4J: Your binding is version 1.5.5 or earlier.
SLF4J: Upgrade your binding to version 1.6.x. or 2.0.x
org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.getSingleton()Lorg/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder;
    at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.bind(LoggerFactory.java:121)
    at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.performInitialization(LoggerFactory.java:111)
    at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory(LoggerFactory.java:268)
    at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:241)
    at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:254)
    at org.apache.mahout.common.AbstractJob.<clinit>(AbstractJob.java:88)

Please let me know what I'm missing.

Thanks.

Dev.