mahout-user mailing list archives

From vinutha <>
Subject recommend ads using mahout?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 08:35:46 GMT

I have a data set containing user behavior such as which products s/he
clicked on , and which products s/he bought from a retail site. I have
another data set containing which ads the same user has clicked on, and the
ads which were shown to him/her but hasn't been clicked on. The idea is to
use the user behavior data set to make recommendations for ads.
As I ve understood from Mahout in Action, there isn't a way to introduce
user behavior has a feature set . One can only use, userid, productid /ad id
, preferences.

Is my understanding correct?
Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Sent from the Mahout User List mailing list archive at

View raw message