mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ahmed Abdeen Hamed <ahmed.elma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: is hadoop necessary for clustering in mahout?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 15:22:36 GMT
Hi,

I think I can answer this question...

Yes, you can run a clustering algorithm on your local machine without using
Hadoop. Just include the mahout jar files in your classpath and start using
it as just another java library. I am currently experimenting with
TreeClusteringRecommender but you can use k-means or whatever clustering
algorithm of your choice.

Thanks,

-Ahmed