mahout-user mailing list archives

From Baoqiang Cao <bqcaom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support of HBase
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 14:50:47 GMT
Hi Xu Qiang,

Just happened read this. As a big data user, would you also let me
know about your product when release? Or where I could follow it would
be great as well.
Thanks.
Baoqiang

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Qiang Xu <xxqonline@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, I am working on a product which much fast than hadoop. It may be announced
later, when the final announcement release, I will let you know.

>> Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 19:52:12 -0800
>> Subject: Re: Support of HBase
>> From: goksron@gmail.com
>> To: user@mahout.apache.org
>>
>> Cool! Does this use the HBase JDBC driver, or did you use the direct
>> HBase library? There is a high-speed parallel version of the HBase
>> code that should be really fast with Hadoop.
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Qiang Xu <xxqonline@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Just checked some Mahout code, its distribution code is written in map reduce.And
Hbase support that. So I agree with srowen, it sould be easy for hbase integration. The following
work is change the input and out put to a hbase table.I also bought a MiA yesterday, really
useful.But I still cannot run mahout in hadoop molde for kmeans. Now I am really attract by
machine learning applcations, you are doing a awesome project. BTW, I also write my own book
for coud computing, that is focus on parellel computing.  > Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:14:48
+0000