mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Eastman <j...@windwardsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Goals for Mahout 0.7
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2012 08:02:33 GMT
+ users@

These are great ideas, and are just the kinds of high level
conversations I was hoping to engender. From my agile background, I'd
hope to define 0.7 by a small number of "epic stories", in a subset of
our overall capabilities, which could focus our attention to a set of
derivative JIRAs  that will give Mahout a quantum step forward in some
functional area from our user's perspective. I think maybe 2-3 such
"epics" are all we can handle in a release. I don't necessarily think
mine are the right ones either, but are prime for the pump.

If we could only do 2-3 epics, what would they be? Where would the
biggest contributions lie?