mahout-user mailing list archives

From Manuel Blechschmidt <Manuel.Blechschm...@gmx.de>
Subject BedCon Talk: Easy Java EE 6 war with Mahout bundled 0.6
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:23:47 GMT
Hello List,
I am going to give a talk about setting up mahout in a Java EE environment:
http://bed-con.org/talks/how-to-build-a-recommender-system-based-on-mda-gwt-mahout-and-java-ee/

I created in my eyes the smallest possible demo for a recommender with an as easy as possible
set up including a small sample of my facebook friends.

The demo is hosted on github and it is supposed that it only takes 4 easy command line steps
to get the recommender running.

https://github.com/ManuelB/facebook-recommender-demo

Could you please give it a try and tell me if it worked for you and if there are any enhancements
requests?

I am especially interested in compatibility reports with other Java EE 6 containers like JBoss,
Caucho Resin,WebLogic etc.

Here are the steps that you need:

git clone git@github.com:ManuelB/facebook-recommender-demo.git
cd facebook-recommender-demo
mvn install
mvn embedded-glassfish:run

Now enjoy the REST interface for example with the following URL:
http://localhost:8080/myapp/FacebookRecommender/person/Manuel%20Blechschmidt

If you want to take part at the conference you can order tickets here:
http://bed-con.org/tickets/

Have a great week
    Manuel
--