mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to download data for example asf-email-examples.sh?
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2012 17:09:44 GMT

On Jan 1, 2012, at 9:31 AM, enyun wrote:

> hi all,
>
> Happy new year!
>
> I'm trying to use asf-email-examples.sh, but can't find how to download the sample training
data.
> I find these from readme, but not found the download link from that amazon page.
> Do you know how to download the data from amazon?

You have to connect (launch a micro instance on EC2) to Amazon and get it off of there.  You
can get a smaller sample of it from: http://www.lucidimagination.com/devzone/technical-articles/scaling-mahout

I'll put some notes in the script to document this a bit more.

Note, there are some issues w/ this example and the SGD code that are still being worked through.
 See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-904 for more info.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com