mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Startup cost for instantiation of recommenders
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2012 19:31:27 GMT
(This is all not Hadoop-based, I presume.)

It varies from implementation to implementation; some implementations have
a lot of precomputation at startup and some don't. Most do a fair bit of
caching so they respond slowly and then more quickly as the caches fill.

Anything's possible, but this is not a common way to use these, no.