mahout-user mailing list archives

From Xiaomeng Wan <shawn...@gmail.com>
Subject mahout algorithm for online ad matching
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 19:09:04 GMT
Hi,
I recently got into this project involving matching online ads to
website visitors based on their profiles (pageviews, search queries,
...). So basically, learn from previous clickers and match visitor to
ad in real time. The data is large, so I am thinking about using
mahout to do it. But clicking on ads is such a rare event, I am not
sure any algorithm in mahout is proper for it.

Since it is a pretty common task, I am wondering whether anybody has
done it before and would like to share their experience, such as which
method gives better performance and which features give best results.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shawn