mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sam Cunningham <sam_cun...@yahoo.com>
Subject PLEASE HELP! - MAHOUT CLASSIFICATION
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 19:57:03 GMT
I really need help. I am working on a project: I have a cron job that collects
RSS feeds from news sites (Reuters and Associated Press). I need to classify
these news data based on their content (just like 20news example). The
categories are business, entertainment, health, politics, scitech, and sports. I
use half of the data for training and the other half for testing. Attached,
please find the training, testing and model files in compressed form. As you
will see when I test the model I get extremely good results for some topics
(business, sports, and entertainment). I get really bad results (almost %0) for
other topics (health, scitech, and politics). What's wrong?

What is more interesting is that I get real bad results with "health" topic when
I test the classifier against the training data which is the dataset in creating
the model, itself. This is strange.

Please help.

Thank you,

Sam