mahout-user mailing list archives

From Gary Snider <gary.s.sni...@gmail.com>
Subject basic classpath issue running KMeansDriver
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 17:37:02 GMT
I have a pojo that calls KMeansDriver.  I'm on 0.6-SNAPSHOT  Ubuntu Linux

Once the mapper gets run in Hadoop, hadoop complains with:
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/common/collect/Lists
at
org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.KMeansMapper.<init>(KMeansMapper.java:37)
... 12 more

I've tried different combinations of setting classpath but nothing helps.
com.google.common.collect.Lists is in guava-r09.jar
1) setting $HADOOP_CLASSPATH to point to ALL possible jars before starting
hadoop
2) setting $CLASSPATH before starting hadoop
3) passing -classpath to my pojo
4) setting $CLASSPATH before running my pojo

The thing is, if it runs 'locally' from the local filesystem it works.
 Once I point it to hadoop, I get the error.
Is this a hadoop classpath/classloader issue?