mahout-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mahout Installation without Building From Maven
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 20:23:41 GMT
In general you are better off using the full source distribution.
There are some apps and scripts that can help you and these are not
packaged into the Maven binary distribution.  Also, 0.5 is an old
release and there have been a lot of changes since then.

The only reason to use 0.5 is that the Mahout In Action (Manning
Publications) book is written against 0.5, and you can get the
examples to work.

Lance

--
Lance Norskog