mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mahout classifier on Hadoop
Date Sun, 25 Dec 2011 21:13:02 GMT
Random forest works as a map-reduce program, but that does not produce
arbitrary scalability.

The Naive Bayes classifier is relatively natural as a map-reduce program
and has a map-reduce version.

The linear classifiers like linear regression do not have map-reduce
versions (yet) since there is some difficulty in getting these to work well.