mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Map/Reduce for mahout SGD Classification
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:22:57 GMT
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 11:06 PM, selva <selvait90@gmail.com> wrote:

>           I modified mahout sgd code for my input format and generated
> model for my input. But i have large amount of data, for that i need
> map/reduce for sgd algorithm. Kindly i request to give me a solution for
> this...

One useful solution is to use map-reduce to encode your data as vectors.

That will make training much faster since much of the CPU time is required
only for encoding.

Also, if you would like more help, you really need to tell us more about
the data, the size and the shape for instance.  Without specific questions,
you can't expect to get specific answers.