mahout-user mailing list archives

From Chee Kin Lim <limchee...@vobject.com>
Subject SlopeOneRecommender and MySQLJDBCDataModel in RecommenderBuilder Implementation
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:04:26 GMT
Hi there,

I am writing a Grails plugin for mahout recommender (collaborative
filtering) at the moment. As I am beginner of mahout, I have some doubt for
the implementation of RecommenderBuilder for SlopeOneRecommender and
MySQLJDBCDataModel.

Please see the code at
https://github.com/limcheekin/mahout-recommender/blob/master/src/groovy/org/grails/mahout/recommender/SlopeOneRecommenderBuilder.groovy.
In line 40, I am getting the MySQLJDBCDataModel externally instead of using
the 'dataModel' argument of buildRecommender method.

The reason I do so is I have a hard time to cast the dataModel of
buildRecommender method to appropriate class which use to instantiate
MySQLJDBCDiffStorage
object. Is this solution (getting MySQLJDBCDataModel externally)
appropriate? Kindly let's me know if you have better and more appropriate
solution.

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards,
Chee Kin