mahout-user mailing list archives

From David Boney <l...@semanticartifacts.com>
Subject Re: Austin SIGKDD - Next Meeting Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 04:04:52 GMT
Sure, we are studying machine learning using  Mahout.  We have started a weekly hackers dojo
to learn how to implement Hadoop based machine learning programs using Mahout. Once the group
get some experience using Mahout, we are going to focus on projects to add functionality to
Mahout. If you are in Austin, please come.

Check out our web site at:

Sincerely,
David G. Boney

On Dec 13, 2011, at 9:52 PM, Raphael Cendrillon wrote:

> Is there a reason why user@mahout.apache.org is part of this list?
>
> On 13 Dec, 2011, at 7:38 PM, David Boney wrote:
>
>> The next meeting of Austin SIGKDD, Big Data Machine Learning Hackers Dojo, is Wednesday,
December 14, 2011, 7:00 - 8:00 pm at Northwest Recreation Center. We have the meeting room
from 6-9. There will be a presentation on how Hadoop works from 7-8, with hacking from 6-7
and 8-9.

>> Please try to have a VM setup and Hadoop and Mahout installed by the next meeting.
I have created a new folder under Links on the web site for Hadoop and Mahout tutorials. The
Hadoop MapReduce tutorial will be the outline for next week's presentation. Below is the link
to the tutorial:
>> http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/stable/mapred_tutorial.html
>>
>> Please bring you laptop, a power cord, and a power strip. We need more power strips
for the meeting.

>> After the December 14th meeting, we will not meet until Wednesday, January 4, 2012.
We will start reviewing the Mahout architecture at the 1/4/2012 meeting.