mahout-user mailing list archives

From Raphael Cendrillon <>
Subject Re: When is PCA expected to be fully implemented into Mahout?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 04:13:04 GMT
Hi Magicalo,

You can find a patch for PCA under MAHOUT-512 which is available here

This implementation scales well with training samples and calculates the covariance matrix
in a distributed way.  The feature size is not so scalable as the SVD is done sequentially.

I believe there is the intent to address large scale feature size by adding PCA to the SSVD
as part of MAHOUT-817, perhaps around Q1 2012.

On Dec 4, 2011, at 7:58 PM, magicalo <> wrote:

> Hello,
> Is there an expected release date for the PCA algorithm as part of Mahout? Tx!

View raw message