mahout-user mailing list archives

From Raphael Cendrillon <cendrillon1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Austin SIGKDD - Next Meeting Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 03:52:51 GMT
Is there a reason why user@mahout.apache.org is part of this list?

On 13 Dec, 2011, at 7:38 PM, David Boney wrote:

> The next meeting of Austin SIGKDD, Big Data Machine Learning Hackers Dojo, is Wednesday,
December 14, 2011, 7:00 - 8:00 pm at Northwest Recreation Center. We have the meeting room
from 6-9. There will be a presentation on how Hadoop works from 7-8, with hacking from 6-7
and 8-9.

> Please try to have a VM setup and Hadoop and Mahout installed by the next meeting. I
have created a new folder under Links on the web site for Hadoop and Mahout tutorials. The
Hadoop MapReduce tutorial will be the outline for next week's presentation. Below is the link
to the tutorial:
> http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/stable/mapred_tutorial.html
>
> Please bring you laptop, a power cord, and a power strip. We need more power strips for
the meeting.

> After the December 14th meeting, we will not meet until Wednesday, January 4, 2012. We
will start reviewing the Mahout architecture at the 1/4/2012 meeting.