mahout-user mailing list archives

From Georgi Stanev <Georgi.Sta...@holidaycheck.com>
Subject Re: KnnItemBasedRecommender question
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 11:46:58 GMT
I'm not quite sure how to reply to you, Sean, because something didn't worked with the subscription...
This is correct, what you wrote, but there are two terms in the sum, Rvj and Rvk. You have
to take into account also the second term. Namely...

    Float pj = dataModel.getPreferenceValue(userID, jitem);

which is Ruk.

Second iPrefs are the preferences for all users, not only those who rated item I and I's neighborhood.
This shouldn't be correct to.
Third which A and b is calculated? A, A-dash or Â?