mahout-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lsi
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 06:16:00 GMT
I use seq2sparse + ssvd. Subsequent use patterns vary and in my case
proprietary but mainly revolve around fold-in updates into pretrained term
space and various locality sensitive tricks depending on the patterns you
use. My pattern involves scanning  first n nearest neighbours with smallest
distance first preferably without examining the entire neighborhood as
opposed to finding all neighbours in a given distance radius which is what
most of algorithms actually do out of the box.

I suspect although not quite convinced that document mixture models such as
lda would produce a better fit than classic svd based lsi.