mahout-user mailing list archives

From Matteo Moci <mox...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embedding mahout in a java app
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 16:10:23 GMT
I just found this [1] project.
It seems a bit old, and I don't know if it just works, but could work
as inspiration maybe.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/hadoop-ui/

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

> On Nov 2, 2011, at 7:17 AM, Tharindu Mathew wrote:
>
>> I want to create a java UI tool (based on a web app) that can pick and
>> apply different algorithms available in Mahout to different data sets.
>
> Very cool!  Keep us posted, as this would be immensely useful!  Any chance it will
be donated back?  :-)

>> Hence the embedding with java. Obviously, I understand that everything is
>> callable from Java since it's written in Java :).
>>
>> For example, I want to do a apply a classification (ex: Bayesian) algorithm,
>> and train on a data set stored in Cassandra. I don't expect a sample for
>> Cassandra but at least a code sample that operates on a data set stored csv
>> file that applies an algorithm like Bayesian.
>>
>> I'd appreciate if you can point me to any code sample for this or something
>> similar?
>
> As others have said, MahoutDriver is a common entry point and can run pretty much anything
in Mahout that has a main().  You might also look in $MAHOUT_HOME/examples/bin at the various
shell scripts we've put together that run different examples.  build-reuters, classify-20newsgroups
and build-asf-email (all from trunk) demonstrate a fair amount of classification and clustering
algorithms.  Finally, Unit tests are your friend.

--
Matteo Moci
http://it.linkedin.com/in/matteomoci