mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time-based preferences for recommendation
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:11:03 GMT
The deanonymization attacks depend on some aspect of the data being related
to real-world events or products.  The attack on the netflix data depended
on the movies being identified so that ratings could be correlated to
ratings on other systems.

If you blind product id's and user id's then none of the currently known
attacks are likely to work.

But I respect the limits you describe.  Caution is never such a bad thing
in these matters.