mahout-user mailing list archives

From Eugen Stan <eugen.s...@1and1.ro>
Subject Re: How to find which point belongs which cluster after running KMeansClusterer
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 09:26:03 GMT
Pe 03.11.2011 10:53, WangRamon a scris:

> Hi All I'm using KMeansClusterer, I will use KMeansDriver on a Hadoop environment later,
but I think it will be easy to understand it by using KMeansClusterer, OK, so the question
is i cannot find a way to find the cluster a point should belong to after running KMeansClusterer,
I expect I can get some API on the Cluster interface to get all points/vector belong to this
cluster, but... so did i miss something? Thanks a lot.  Cheers Ramon

You can find your answer in the clusterDumper utility. Check the code at
[1]. I have modified printCluster method to suppress some info and print
the cluster points with something like:

 String clusterInfo = String.format("Cluster %d (%d) with %d points.\n",
value.getId(), clusterCount, value.getNumPoints());

List<WeightedVectorWritable> points = clusterIdToPoints.get(value.getId());
                if (points != null) {
                    writer.write("\tCluster points:\n\t");
                    for (Iterator<WeightedVectorWritable> iterator =
points.iterator(); iterator.hasNext();) {
                        WeightedVectorWritable point = iterator.next();
                        writer.write(String.valueOf(point.getWeight()));
                        writer.write(": ");

                        if (point.getVector() instanceof NamedVector) {
                            writer.write(((NamedVector)
point.getVector()).getName() + " ");
                        }

                    }
                    writer.write('\n');
                }

[1]
http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.mahout/mahout-utils/0.2/org/apache/mahout/utils/clustering/ClusterDumper.java
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/cluster-dumper.html

--
Ioan Eugen Stan
Big Data Solutions Development Romania

1&1 Internet Development SRL

Str Mircea Eliade 18
Sect 1, Bucuresti       Tel  :  +40 312 23-9254
012015, Romania         EMail:  eugen.stan@1and1.ro