mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sam Cunningham <sam_cun...@yahoo.com>
Subject trainclassifier as a command vs. TrainClassifier.java
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 03:46:39 GMT
I just realize that there is mismatch between the trainclassifier command
versus TrainClassifier.java program.

Here is why:

1. I run trainclassifier program with source:hdfs. So, I provide input and
output locations on my hdfs. Using training files, the program generates the
model and puts it on my hdfs, as expected. When I provide input and output
locations on my local fs while the source is set to hdfs, it complains and
gives me "Input path does not exist" error, which is understandable.

2. However, when I run TrainClassifier.java program with source set to hdfs
and input and output set to locations on my local fs, it accepts the
arguments with no complaints and generates the model on my local fs (instead
of hdfs).

In addition, the models generated by these two programs are slightly
different as far as the log files go.

Is this a known case, or am I missing something?