mahout-user mailing list archives

From abhayd <ajdabhol...@hotmail.com>
Subject classification of search queries
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 16:20:49 GMT
hi

I m very new to mahout.

We use solr as our search engine and we have user query stored for
processing purposes.

I was wondering if we can classify these user search terms can be classified
into groups based on what data is being indexed.

Say for example our content is divided in two groups product and support.
Some times it is very challenging to know what is user intent based on
search term.

Anyway mahout can help in this situation. Input we have is user search terms
and solr index.

thanks
abhay