mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does Mahout provide a way to evaluate a distributed Recommender running on Hadoop?
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 08:29:28 GMT
Yes, but those are only estimates for top items. You may not see an
estimate for the items in your test set.

Yes also look at Sebastian's suggestion.

2011/10/17 WangRamon <ramon_wang@hotmail.com>:

> Hi Sean Thanks for the quick reply. I'm running org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob
on Hadoop, actually, i think the result of this job are the estimated prefs for each user,
right? So for the evaluation, i plan to keep some real data, just as you said 5% of all, and
then run computation on the other 95%, then the recommend result is something like these:
User1 like: item2, item3, item4user2 like: item3, item4, item5 But the real data(the 5%) are:User1
like: item3, item4, item1User2 like: item5, item6, item7 Then i do a comparation for these
two dataset, am i right? CheersRamon