mahout-user mailing list archives

From Klokie Grossfeld <mah...@klokie.com>
Subject Mahout "explain" process
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 16:10:24 GMT
Hi, I've just started working with the Recommender API for Drupal,
which integrates with Mahout. I'm reading up on Mahout, but I haven't
figured out how to determine which content has been used to compute a
given positive recommendation, i.e. how to obtain which nodes were
used to compute an index of similarity. For example, I would like to
display to the end user some text on a page they rated highly, like
"You may also like these other nodes, since two other people [with
similar affinities] also rated them highly".

The developer of the Recommender API modules pointed me toward the
Mahout "explain" process, but I can't seem to find any information on
this. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

thanks
Klokie